Sep 8, 2010

Basic Mechanical Ventilator Management


Introduction

Quite a few folks have been asking for baseline ventilator management theory and practice. Many of the resources out there are rather stuffed with complex theory that can lead a practitioner to achieve non-pharmacologic conscious sedation. The following is a collection of two podcasts from Dr Scott Weingarten on this subject that are well done. I like Scott's approach to both mechanical ventilation and bringing the care from upstairs in the ICU into the ER.

I will include a video segment on how use the information presented with the LTV 1000 once I learn how to create video files on my camera.

Dominating the Vent Part 1






EMCrit Lecture - Dominating the Vent: Part I from Scott from EMCrit on Vimeo.


Dominating the Vent Part 2






Dominating the Vent Part II from Scott from EMCrit on Vimeo.

Bellow is the handout described in the pod casts

http://blog.emcrit.org/wp-content/uploads/vent-handout.pdf